Button not displayed on Work Item

Jul 13, 2010 at 9:33 AM

I am using visual studio 2010 on windows 7 64 bit with Office 2010

I have installed the spell checker and it installed ok. I then amended my work item template to use the spell checker.

When i open the work item i get the following message where the spell checker should be

Could not find file 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Team Foundation\Work Item Tracking\Custom Controls\10.0\Spell.wicc'.

When i looked it had installed it under

'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Team Foundation\Work Item Tracking\Custom Controls\9.0\Spell.wicc'.

If I copy the files from 9.0 to 10.0 and restart visual studio i still get the message

TF210004: The control could not be loaded from the assembly.

Does anyone know what i need to change to get this working, or is it not supported on windows 7 / 64 bit / Office 2010

Thanks

Sally

Jul 24, 2010 at 2:33 PM

Hi,

This work item custom control was compile for Visual Studio 9, this will not work for Visual Studio 10.

Beside that, Visual Studio 2010 comes with built-it spellcheck...

Jul 26, 2010 at 9:21 AM

Ahh okay. I have noticed the spell checker in VS2010 but it doesn’t seem to work on the rich text html controls, or the test steps grids which is where you do most of the typing.

Thanks for your help with this, let me know if you ever upgrade it to VS2010

Sally

Sent: 24 July 2010 14:34
To: Sally Anne Cavanagh
Subject: Re: Button not displayed on Work Item [WITSpellChecker:219251]

Hi,

This work item custom control was compile for Visual Studio 9, this will not work for Visual Studio 10.

Beside that, Visual Studio 2010 comes with built-it spellcheck...

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (WITSpellChecker@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email WITSpellChecker@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

CIBER UK Ltd is a company registered in England
Registered Office Address: 35 Portman Square, London W1H 6LR
Registered Number: 02623681
VAT Number: GB707292730

Confidentiality Notice: This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain information that is confidential or privileged and should not be considered evidence of intent to be bound to any agreement. The taking of any action in reliance on the contents is strictly prohibited. Unauthorised use is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you are not the addressee, you should not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this message, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee. Any opinions or advice contained in this message are subject to CIBER UK standard terms and conditions.